As many of you know, I sent out a survey this year to get feedback from you my constituents. The survey consisted of 10 questions, and I received the results back on Friday. I thought you might be interested in seeing the results. A few points first. On Question #1, there was much confusion as to the question, so many people put no answer (so were counted as no opinion) but then wrote out to the side that they were against partial birth abortion. So the results there are skewed low. This is my fault for not having a better worded question, and a lesson I will learn from for future surveys.
1. Should the General Assembly pass legislation that would modify Kentucky's partial birth abortion law to mirror the provisions of federal law?
No opinion: 19%
2. Do you agree or disagree that writing portfolios should be removed from the statewide CATS testing for elementary schools providing that these schools use writing portfolios as part of the continuous assessment process?
No opinion: 26%
3. Would you favor legislation that eliminates the runoff primary election for gubernatorial slates?
No Opinion: 22%
4. Do you agree or disagree that state agencies, including public colleges and universities, should be prohibited from offering health insurance to domestic partners of employees?
No opinion: 4%
5. Do you agree or disagree that the CATS assessment should be restructured for all students K-12?
No Opinion: 29%
6. Do you agree or disagree that there should be a constitutional amendment that limits punitive damages awarded in a medical malpractice lawsuit?
No opinion: 4%
7. Do you think the General Assembly should pass legislation to legalize the sale of raw milk?
No opinion: 35%
8. Do you think the General Assembly should appropriate funds to the Blue Grass Airport for relocation of the shorter runway?
No opinion: 18%
9. Do you favor offering a tax exemption for active duty military and reserve pay?
No opinion: 6%
10. Do you agree or disagree that the benefits for future state employees should be scaled back in order to help avoid a looming pension crisis?
No opinion: 10%
Thanks to all who participated!