Thursday, June 18, 2009

slots bill

Sounds like there will be a vote on Friday morning. Session starts at 10am. Debate on the bill will probably begin around 10:15. If you want to watch it, it can be seen on KET 4 (or 5, not sure), or ket.org. The Democratic leadership seems to think they have the votes.

Ever have one of those moments where you mouth fell open in disbelief? I just did. While looking over the amendments for the slots bill, I saw amendment 3. It would eliminate the prevailing wage for school construction for 3 years. The Legislative Research Commission has put down on their web site that the sponsor is Charlie Hoffman. Charlie sits right next to me on the floor and is a HUGE union guy. I suspect there might be a mistake on the web, but it would be great if Charlie actually ran the amendment. It might actually pass if it did.

As for me, I have never been so conflicted about a bill before in my life. I am typically very decisive. Never on the fence. This time is different. Hopefully I will wake up with a final answer.

Check here tomorrow for an explaination of my vote.