Friday, December 7, 2007

Getting started

I plan to give this blogging thing a try. I view this as another method of communicating with my constituents. Please check it out and I will try to post with some regularity. I think with the upcoming session, this will be a great chance for me to keep everyone up to date on what is happening in Frankfort. I may also share some of my thoughts about the process, why I voted a certain way on a bill, and other items I think you may find interesting. We will see how this goes.

First, some general points I would like to make.

I plan to use the spell check before posting. Sometimes I may forget. Therefore, I may misspell some words. Hang in there with me. In fact, I may misuse grammar on occasion. I'll try not to, but it could happen. Please bear with me.

Also, I believe I have disabled the comments. Why have I done this? There is too much vitriol on blog comments. Plus there are possible legal issues, etc. I think that you as a constituent would rather I spend my time working on your behalf and informing you of what is going on instead of trying to decide if I should post a comment. Again, we will see how it goes.

I plan to post a frequently as needed. During the session, I would imagine I will do it more often than when out of session. But again, we will see how it goes.

If you do have a comment, feel free to e-mail me at the address at the top of the page, or at my state address, adam.koenig@lrc.ky.gov.