Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HB 155 passed the House

HB 155 was called up in the House today and passed 98-0. Now it moves on to the Senate, where hopefully we can get it through there.

I would like to take this opportunity to mention a few things. First, I received a great deal of unsolicited support from outside entities, including the state League of Women Voters, and the Kentucky Department of Education. Second, I want to thank the House leadership for calling it up. After getting up to speak against a bill yesterday, and voting against tax increases, I figured that my chances of passing this bill were small. I appreciate the willingness of leadership to hear a good bill, no matter the sponsor. Although all are not treated equal in the House, thus far partisanship has been much less frequent under the new Speaker.

If you like the bill, I encourage you to contact your Senator about it.